tar under Interactive unix

Matthew Farwell dylan at ibmpcug.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 17:21:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct11.121032.16745 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <1990Oct10.211911.9236 at robobar.co.uk> ronald at robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) writes:
>>cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>>> The one included with System V R3.2 and later is the result of the Xenix
>>> tar being merged back into the AT&T tar.
>>Does the generic 3.2 tar support the 'q' option that SCO does (though
>>*un*documented) which says something like "stop after the first matching
>>file" ?
>A simple test of "tar -qvf -" before posting the question would have
>answered your question:
>
>	tar: q: unknown option
>	Usage:.....

This is assuming, of course, that you had access to a system which ran
a generic SVR3.2...... Which I don't believe ronald does....

Dylan.
Matthew J Farwell                 | Email: dylan at ibmpcug.co.uk
The IBM PC User Group, PO Box 360,|        ...!uunet!ukc!ibmpcug!dylan
Harrow HA1 4LQ England            | CONNECT - Usenet Access in the UK!!
Phone: +44 81-863-1191            | Sun? Don't they make coffee machines?