Summary of responses: 3C505 ethernet on ISC 2.2

Robert Scott zeke at shamash.cdc.com
Fri Oct 5 06:57:16 AEST 1990

A while ago I posted a request for any information leading the whereabouts
of a driver for a 3C505 16-bit ethernet board from 3COM.  In sum: there
ain't any.  3COM doesn't supply one, and the board has such strange
firmware that Interactive didn't make a driver because the demand wasn't
there (many thanks to the Interactive developers who responded).

The board works fine in an Apollo, and works fine also in a DOS
environment using PC/TCP or PC-NFS.  It just isn't going to work at all
in ISC 2.2.  I'm going to install a Western Digital Ethercard+ 16-bit card
instead so that I can use it in both environments.

Zeke

--
~~~~~~~~~~~ From the Shrine of the "Last Gasp of ETA Systems" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extra zesty disclaimer:  MINE! MINE! ALL MINE! <chortle snort froth drool>
Robert K. "Zeke" Scott        internet: zeke at eta.cdc.com
Control Data Corp, Supercomputer Support Group