Running X windows on a 16MHz 386sx

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.uucp
Thu Oct 11 21:45:04 AEST 1990

bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

>>Yes - I run X release 1.2 - and I need at least another 4 megs of
>>RAM.

Yesterday I replaced the motherboard with one that holds 16 megs
on it (I only have 12 of the megs filled) - and not only is this
board faster than my other 33/386 by about 10%, but the extra RAM
really makes a difference when I run X.  No swapping at all -

And my Computone board works just fine (the cache doesn't bother it
at all).  Now I can have my cake and eat it too!

 {larry at nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar!larry at ndmath.math.nd.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)