Chantal, Fuji 2263S, and Intel SysV386 problems...

Steve Monroe monroe at rlgvax.UUCP
Fri Oct 5 00:55:31 AEST 1990

I've been trying to install the Chantal SCSI disk subsystem on a
16MHz 386 box, first with a BusTek controller and then with the
Adaptec 1542B.

The problem comes in when I try to run their scsidskadd command.
The whole system hangs when the script trys to execute the
/usr/bin/scsi/adddisk command (appears to be the 'divvy' command)
The drive formats (both low-level through the controller and high-level
through the scsi_format command.  fdisk creates the partitions (OK?).
I then get messages about a PDINFO block begin invalid and it being
initialized.  The adddisk command is then invoked and the whole system
falls of the edge of the planet.  Well, the tty driver is still working
and I can switch between virtual screens but it won't talk to me anymore.

Any suggestions?  Chantal seemed to think it was firmware on the BusTek
controller but now the adaptec does the same thing.

I'll be calling them again but any additional help would be greatly
appreciated, I yearn for the 660MB drive..... sigh....