Does GNU's C Compiler Have a Full Screen Debugger?

Erkki Ruohtula eru at tnvsu1.tele.nokia.fi
Wed Oct 31 02:26:40 AEST 1990

In article <PINARD.90Oct27122647 at kovic.IRO.UMontreal.CA> pinard at IRO.UMontreal.CA (Francois Pinard) writes:
   In article <54 at bmhalh.UUCP> bruce at bmhalh.UUCP (Bruce M. Himebaugh) writes:

      Does the GNU C compiler have a full screen debugger available?  If so,
      is it anything like codeview?

   To my knowledge, gdb is not full screen in the same sense CodeView is.
   However, GNU Emacs may to run gdb as a subprocess (the M-x gdb
   Even if some might argue on this, to a certain extent, I consider this
   is full screen debugging.

I agree. I have used both CodeView and gdb+emacs, and I like the latter
combination better. For instance, the ability to start directly editing what
you see in the source window (using the same editor you use normally), does
not exist in CodeView.

The only CodeView-feature I miss in gdb+emacs is the separate screen for
program output that prevents program I/O and debugger commands from mixing
(perhaps the gdb mode could be hacked to use a separate Emacs buffer
for debugger I/O?).

--
Erkki Ruohtula     / Nokia Telecommunications
eru at tele.nokia.fi / P.O. Box 33 SF-02601 Espoo, Finland