Does GNU's C Compiler Have a Full Screen Debugger?

Paul Stachour stachour at sctc.com
Tue Oct 30 10:07:34 AEST 1990

>In article <54 at bmhalh.UUCP> bruce at bmhalh.UUCP (Bruce M. Himebaugh) writes:
>   Does the GNU C compiler have a full screen debugger available?
> If so, is it anything like codeview?

  Do you mean the codeview debugger available on MS-DOS with Microsoft-C?

  If so, than I would not call that a full-screen debugger because:

 #1:  It requires two physical screens to do the debugging, one-to-run
      and one-to-debug.
 #2:  It does not allow me to do screen-things on my debuggin screen,
      only line-things.
 #3:  If I have two screens attached to two different machines, I can't
      use it.

  ----
    The quesion for me is

  1)    "Can the debugger use a full-screen (or part) " to debug
        a program (which may or may not been a screen program)?

    and not

  2)    "Can the debugger be used to debug a screen-program?"

      Certainly, under question "1)" codeview is not a full-screen
          debugger.
      Also many debbuggers (including GDB) are full-screen debuggers
          under "2)", depending on how one connects them to the
          program being debugged.  ...Paul
--
Paul Stachour         Secure Computing Technology Corp
stachour at sctc.com      1210 W. County Rd E, Suite 100