System V Release 4.0 from Dell

Dewey Coffman dewey at dell.dell.com
Tue Oct 30 02:17:10 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct28.120538.23919 at nstar.uucp> larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>dewey at dell.dell.com (Dewey Coffman) writes:
>
>>	Dell is including DOS Merge from Locus Computing in their release
>>	of System V.4. With this comes the "xcrt" utility which allows
>>	a CGA DOS window under X. Stop by the UNIX International Booth
>>	at UNIX Expo for a demo.
>
>I have heard that Dell is using Interactive's product for release 3.2,
>who's product will they (you) be using for release 4.0?   Will Dell be
>selling and supporting a 3.2 and 4.0 release or will the 4.0 release
>replace the 3.2?

	Dell UNIX 3.2.1 is based on ISC 2.0.2 with updates from ISC,
	AT&T and Dell. I believe the plan is to continue to sell 3.2.1
	until demand drops off. The 4.0 product is STRAIGHT from AT&T with
	bug fixes and enhancements(X11R4, Motif 1.1, X.desktop, SLIP,
	auto-config of devices, C-News, rn, emacs, elm, MMDF) from Dell.
	All of the GNU stuff will be available for download from our tech
	support machine when we start shipping.(answering the inevitable
	question about GNU sources).

	For more info send a Snail Mail address to info at dell.com.

	dewey coffman
	dell computer corp.