Treasure Chest (was 286 -> 386sx Upgrades)

Steve Ralston sralston at srwic.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 17:02:01 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct18.221929.6468 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>Treasure Chest is (IMHO) a waste of time.  I wasted a week trying to get
>an Adaptec card from them (they claimed it was in stock until AFTER they
>had made me wait a week, then said it was out of stock).  Hogwash!

Slamming any mail order vendor on the basis of your one experience can be
(IMHO) misleading to thousands of readers.  I ordered an Adaptec 1542B SCSI
host adapter from Treasure Chest about 3 months ago.  I called them in the
morning and, after they assured me that they had the 1542B in stock, I
ordered it for $244 ($229 + $15 shipping).  The board arrived the next
afternoon (via UPS RED).

Either Treasure Chest isn't as bad as you infer or I'm just incredibly lucky.
Granted they screwed up when they told you something was in stock when it
wasn't.  They should have called you back within a day to tell you that.

I have no affiliation with Treasure Chest whatsoever; just a satisfied mail
order customer of theirs who thinks they were unjustly slammed in public.
--
Steve Ralston						sralston at srwic.UUCP
235 N Zelta						voice: 316-686-2019