Interactive rlogin problem with nn SOLVED (w/diff)

Jaap Vermeulen jaap at sequent.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 16:36:29 AEST 1990

andy at xwkg.Icom.Com (Andrew H. Marrinson) writes:

>Wow, I found what was happening!  The problem was that when doing the
>ioctl to set the terminal mode to and from raw mode nn was using TCSETAF,
>which means set parameters and flush.  Evidently, if this happened with
>a partially complete packet still to be sent, that packet would be
>flushed using the urgent pointer as described in my previous posting.
>This led to the missing data.

Good work!
I know that several people were running into this problem.
The initial culprit was thought to be the XON/XOFF settings of the line
somewhere (at least that is what I understood).

If you're ever in Portland, I'll buy you lunch :-)

	-Jaap-
--
						| Sequent Computer Systems |