Buying a 386 - questions

Eugene Styer styer at ms.uky.edu
Wed Oct 17 22:35:02 AEST 1990

I am looking toward buying a 386 system in the near future (1-2 months) and
wanted to ask some questions to guide my purchase:

1. Do most versions of unix take advantage of the 1024x7?? displays, or am I
   just as well off to get a standard VGA display and save some money?

2. Are the any incompatibilities where unix X won't run on computer Y?

3. Any versions on unix or computers I should definitely avoid?

4. Any helpful hints that you may want to include before I go spending my
   money?

Thanks for the help,
Eugene Styer -- 957 POT,  Univ. of Ky,  Lexington, KY 40506 -- styer at ms.uky.edu
         "1+1=3, for sufficiently large values of 1"