Installing Open Desktop

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Fri Oct 12 13:37:26 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct9.185956.29044 at agate.berkeley.edu> swade at ocf.berkeley.edu (Wade Shen) writes:
>For the past few days I've been frntically trying to install SCO's Open Desktop
>on a machine at my workplace...
>
>IT DOESN'T WANT TO INSTALL!

You have a serious case of anthropomorphic software on your hands.

>Here are a series of problems. I hope that someone out there will be able to
>help.

Have you tried SCO Tech Support? They are rumored to know how to do
this kind of thing.

What is your machine configuration? Omit no detail....

(scads of nasty problems deleted)

>Could it be that my disks are bad (I'm installing from the originals)?

Its a definite possibility but I wonder first if you have enough
memory and what motherboard you are using. In any case, call
our Tech Support department, they know about many anomalies.

--
Roger Knopf                                "Alas, poor Schoenberg; whose
SCO Consulting Services			   aesthetic is perhaps too fine to be