Who sells 4.0? Does Intel??

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Thu Oct 18 23:45:56 AEST 1990

jacobson at cs.iastate.edu (Doug Jacobson) in <jacobson.656092004 at atanasoff>
writes:

	"Who sells UNIX 4.0 for the 386?  [...]"

Tyan Computer in Sunnyvale CA has SVR4 for their 386 and 486 systems, and
will be demo'ing their 486 running X11R4 at the Silicon Valley AT&T UNIX
Users' Group meeting Oct. 24, 1990 also in Sunnyvale.

I'll post whatever info I receive at that meeting; and I'll also be posting
w/in 24 hours from now the meeting notice with more particulars (since I kinda
run the Users' Group :-)  And, no, I do NOT work for Tyan; they've been running
ads recently in the local newspapers and this seemed too exciting to pass up
for the Users' Group.  Meeting notices are also being posted at the local
colleges and universities (Stanford, UCSC, U Santa Clara, etc.)

I'll also check as to whether AT&T has their SVR4 on the 6386 yet ... somehow
I get the impression it's not yet out even though they've published the SVR4
software compatibilty guide which is accompanied by two disks: one for a 386
and the other for a 3B2.

FYI, there will also be a 68040 running some variant of SVR4 (??) and X11R4
at the same meeting.  Should be interesting  :-)

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]