SCO Manual pages (WAS Re: System V.4)

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 19:35:07 AEST 1990

 larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:

> I've had to manually pipe the man pages for cnews, smail3,
> nn, elm and other packages through nroff using "nroff -man < in > out".

> Is that the same for SCO?

No, SCO doesn't come with nroff (!) [arrrrggghhh].

When I tried to buy it, my distributor could only offer me the Xenix
nroff+otroff+Xenix manuals, so I bought that (for the second time...).
But yes, once you install that, the manuals work almost right, just
cp foo.1 /usr/man/man.1/foo.1 ; man foo would work.

[ It was a nuisance to install -- I needed to edit and rename the perms file ]

Unix without nroff ?  Gimme a break please!
--
ronald at robobar.co.uk +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)