Buying a 386 - questions

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Sun Oct 21 14:07:22 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct19.004956.1343 at mccc.uucp> pjh at mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>I'm using a WD1007-WA2 ESDI controller and it works fine but I
>understand that the SV (SE?) version of that controller is better.

I have the WD1007-SE.  I also have a Maxtor 8760E.  This drive
requires this controller.  The SE is a 15Mb/sec ESDI controller, as
is the drive.  The drive wont run on a standard controller.

And if you drive is only a 10Mb/sec, I don't suspect you would see
any improvement, if it runs.  I found this the hardway trying to
put one of these into a stock ESDI controller situation.

                      : bill at bilver.UUCP