What the . . . (ISC2.0.2 cu(1) problem)

Bruce M Ong DeadHead at cup.portal.com
Tue Oct 2 08:10:10 AEST 1990

Few days ago I wrote:
>I am trying to put news on a workstation at work and get email
>going. I just installed a trailblazer 1000 and now I am doing
>cu to test the port. I can cu out, from my tty01 (tty00 is a mouse
>port). The problem is after I disconnect from cu, I cannot run
>cu again - it will complain "connection failed - Device Locked".
>The problem is that there isnt any lock in /usr/spool/locks/LCK..*

I found it -

	I turned on /etc/lockd for some testing (to see if it would
work in client mode over nfs) and forgot to turn it off. That turned
out to be the problem. I sure hope when ISC finally gets the lockd
to run, the 'cu' problem will not pop up again with the 'correct' version
of /etc/lockd.

	thanks to all who replied to me on this problem . . .

	bruce
	deadhead at cup.portal.com