What the . . . (ISC2.0.2 cu(1) problem)

Bruce M Ong DeadHead at cup.portal.com
Wed Oct 3 12:26:08 AEST 1990

Hi netlanders -

How does one configure a telebit (T1000) to run on an ISC2.02 with the
following requirements:

1. Run UUCP outbound polling mode
2. Enable remote log in with terminal sessions
3. Enable cu(1) occasionally.

???

I have, from telebit, the following configuration parameters:

at &f s51=4 s52=2 s53=1 s54=1 s58=2 s66=1 s110=1 s111=30 s45=0 q4 &w <cr>

but I cannot seem to enable uugetty in bidirectional mode (it talks to
itself and eventually complains about getty spawning too fast). When I
tried cu with this configuration I could not even get into the terminal
mode with the modem (it kept dropping me back to the shell)... I am sure
there is something wrong with the DCD and DTR interpretations and timing,
but what's the magic number?

thanks for any hints -

(please email)

bruce