vpix in xterm under X11R4

Thomas Roell roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de
Mon Oct 22 19:26:33 AEST 1990

>vpix. Looks like no one has done this on Tom's server under X11r4.

There is *now* support for running VPIX under xterm (X11R4). This will be available
together with the new server. It will become available in the next few weeks. But
don't ask me when exactly. There are some things to do. You'll here about it, when
the time has come.

>I have Tom's sever here on nstar - but haven't installed it - does it
>support extended VGA modes - and I've heard the X11R4 is less of a memory
>hog - is that true?

What about a resolution of 1152x900 in 256 colors on a SuperVGA board ?
Yes it's running !!!!

- Thomas
Mail:                    Thomas Roell (c/o Daniel Hernandez)
                         Inst. f. Informatik / Technische Universitaet M"unchen
                         Arcisstr. 21 / 8000 Munich 2 / Fed.Rep. of Germany
E-Mail (domain):	 roell at lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de
UUCP (when above fails): roell at tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}