i860/V386 Info

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed Oct 3 22:20:34 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct3.002330.584 at alembic.acs.com> bill at alembic.acs.com (Bill Hatch) writes:
>- Intel i860 boards for installation in a PC/AT bus V386 system
>- native i860 support software (operating system, compilers etc.)

There is a company called UnixHouse that has a system that includes both a 386
and an i860.  They are currently advertising ther SVR4 product in all the
UNIX wrags.  If you can't find an add, send me email for the contact info.

Two notes:
	1. Their OS has built in support for both processors.
	2. I have never seen or used their products.  All the info I have
	   is marketing hype.

>We have a number of floating point intensive applications and are looking
>for a cost effective way to increase throughput.  We would like to stay

You might want to try the Weitek abacus floating point processor.  Most ,
if not all, System V/386 products have support for that processor and most
386/486 motherboards will accept one.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170