i860/V386 Info

Bill Hatch bill at alembic.acs.com
Wed Oct 3 10:23:30 AEST 1990

I would like to get some product information on the following:

- V386 cross development tools targeting the i860
- Intel i860 boards for installation in a PC/AT bus V386 system
- native i860 support software (operating system, compilers etc.)
- Intel V386 Unix (a probable replacement for Xenix on 2 machines)

We have a number of floating point intensive applications and are looking
for a cost effective way to increase throughput.  We would like to stay
with the V386 machines/os because of the extremely reasonable pricing
of hardware and software add-ons.  From limited information to date,
we feel that an i860 board added to one of our existing machines may give
us the required increase in throughput.  Any information, commants or
contact points will be appreciated.