Getting smail with ISC 2.2 to work

John Kennedy johnk at opel.COM
Wed Oct 24 02:10:34 AEST 1990

In article <289 at cadlab.sublink.ORG> staff at cadlab.sublink.ORG (staff) writes:
[Description of binary search deleted]

I can concur with the binary search problem.  I got around it by moving
"smart-host" away from the end of the file.  Still no great solution,
but...

I had given up on getting smail from ISC or smail 2.5 from uunet to
work with smartmail.  It's encouraging to see so many other failures :-).

I seem to remember my problem being one of recursively invoking the
remote mailer, with local mail never landing.

Has anyone actually got this combination to work under ISC 2.2?  Maybe
we could use some clues.

--
John Kennedy                     johnk at opel.COM
Second Source, Inc.