UNIX Commands under VPIX on Interactive 2.2 on a T5200/100

Jim Smithson jsmithso at aut.UUCP
Thu Oct 11 18:15:54 AEST 1990

 I am having problems with VPIX on Interactive UNIX 2.2
 I am running on a Toshiba T5200/100("Laptop") with the plasma display.
 When I enter vpix and enter a UNIX command like `ls` the screen
 blanks out until I enter the next UNIX command (e.g. `pwd`).
 This only happens on the console or vt0[1,2] devices which use the
 plasma screen. When logged in from tty00 from a "freedom200" terminal
 it works OK. I have tried different settings for TERM and
 have verified the files in /usr/vpix/unixbin .
 Is this just another oddity with running Interactive 2.2 on the
 Toshiba? (I was told that we MUST have the 387 math chip for IX 2.2
 to run on the T5200/100)
 Any help would be helpful. Thanx in advance!

--
James R. Smithson, Ascom Autelca AG,   CH-3073 Guemligen/Switzerland
E-mail: jsmithso at aut.UUCP   FAX: +41 31 527 745   Voice : +41 31 529 214