getting lines and columns of terminal

Eric Beser beser at tron.UUCP
Thu Oct 11 22:00:15 AEST 1990

I am trying to get the size of the terminal window using a TIOGWNSZ
and an ioctl call. It fails. Will this call work on stdin and stdout?

I don't want to use curses as this is a low level io package that is
doing its own windowing (for portibility across operating systems).
Can I do an ioctl to get the window size from the main process or does
work only on pseudo ttys.
I am running ESIX rev D. could someone please point me to the right
manual page or textbook name so I can find appropriate documents.
I do not know how to do pseudo ttys. Anyone please explain or point to
place where I can look it up?

I will post answers. Thanks

Eric Beser
Westinghouse Aerospace Software Engineering