replace 8250's with 16550's (and FAS)?

Ken Seefried iii ken at dali.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 17 04:42:44 AEST 1990

---

General question: can the old 8250 serial I/O chips be replaced by
16550A's for use under System V/386 with the FAS drivers?

Specific question:  I have an old Bell Tech HUB6 6-SIO port board that
I'd like to use under SCO Unix 3.2 (really ODT).  SCO won't have a
driver for some time, so I'd like (if possible) to replace the current
8250's with 16550A's and use the FAS driver.  Does this sound
reasonable?

	ken seefried iii		ken at dali.gatech.edu

	"A snear, a snarl, a whip that stings...these are a