286 -> 386sx Upgrades

Clarence Wilkerson wilker at descartes.math.purdue.edu
Thu Oct 18 04:09:58 AEST 1990

 But can you actually get your hands on a 386sx board.
About two weeks ago I decided totake the plunge and buy one.
I sat down with my 800 page COMPUTER SHOPPER, and called each
ad that had a 80386sx MB for less than $400. No place had any
in stock at the advertised price...Treasure Chest claimed their
$295 price was a "misprint" and the real price was $375. Others
said that due to the shortage of chips, they were only selling
"bare bones" systems... MB. case, Power supply.. for several hundred
more.
Clarence Wilkerson