Adaptec 1540 & WD1007VSE2 conflict

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Mon Oct 15 09:50:58 AEST 1990

I'm trying to set up the hardware for the new "sir-alan", and have run
into hardware clashes.  Does anyone have a system working that contains
the following:  WD1007V SE2 ESDI controller and a Adaptec 1540 secondary
SCSI controller (for tape)?  If so, how did you do it?  The WD1007V is
set for INT 14, I/O 1F0-1F7, BIOS at CC000-CFFFF; the Adaptec is set for
DMA 5, INT 11, I/O at 330, BIOS at DC000.  The display is an 8-bit VGA
clone card.  In addition an Orchid ProDesigner II VGA board as shipped
also hangs the WD1007V.

Any suggestions gratefully received.  I now know why SCSI hard drives are
becoming popular.....

--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408