Two ethernet cards on 386/ix

Karl Denninger karl at naitc.naitc.com
Sat Oct 27 03:21:25 AEST 1990

In article <35265 at cup.portal.com> DeadHead at cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:
>I remember somebody once asked the same question: How do you put
>two 3Com etherlink cards on the same 386 box running ISC? I didnt see
>any summaries... and I'd appreciate your inputs so I can configure a
>router around here...

That won't work.

3Com cards appear to use a DMA channel, which the ISC driver won't let you
change.  The result is that no matter what you do, you'll NEVER get two
3c503 cards working in the same machine.

Now a 3c503 and a WD8003 will work, or two WD8003s.  I've done both of these
with good success.... in fact, was using one as a router for quite a while
not long ago.

--
Karl Denninger	AC Nielsen
kdenning at ksun.naitc.com
(708) 317-3285
Disclaimer:  Contents represent opinions of the author; I do not speak for
	     AC Nielsen on Usenet.