Development System --- malloc --- xloadimage and sc

Bill England wengland at stephsf.stephsf.com
Mon Oct 8 06:53:33 AEST 1990

In article <5700 at seac.UUCP> wain at seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson) writes:
>Has anybody tried compiling xloadimage, which was poasted to the
>net about a week ago? I'm having trouble with gif files. Bascially,

  Yes.  I'm also having trouble with the alloc functions.  I'm trying
  to compile gcc and gas for stephsf right now.  I presume that the
  alloc functions in gcc are better tested in the unix environment
  than the corresponing micosoft functions.

  It looks like problems in the recent release of sc can also be
  traced back to the microsoft compiler. Specifically floating
  point error handling.  ( Something about not cleaning up the
  floating point stack after floating point errors occure. )

  I do not yet know if gcc will fix these problems but, it seems
  worth a shot.

 +--------
 |  Bill England
 |  wengland at stephsf.COM

  * *      H -> He +24Mev
 * * * ... Oooo, we're having so much fun making itty bitty suns *
  * *