386ix && How to setup dialout lp ??

Paul D. Anderson pda at rsiatl.UUCP
Thu Oct 4 02:44:02 AEST 1990

After spending several hours at it, I have been unable to configure via
lpadmin, a dialout printer, using an entry from the Systems file.  The
command I am issuing is:

	lpadmin -p pda -A write -U lppda -u "allow:pda jgd root"  \
		-T prism -D "Paul's Personal Printer" -m standard \
		-o "length=68" -o nobanner

The intent is to have lp dialout and deliver the print job to a remote
printer (that has a modem connected).  Currently, lpsched gets as far
as accessing the port, but fails with a 'CANT ACCESS DEVICE'.  I see
DTR go up for ~10 seconds, fall again, and as soon as it comes down,
I get the error message on the console.

Has anyone gotten this to work with ANY version of Interactive Unix?
How about ANY lp system on ANY Unix?

If folks mail, I will summarize and post.  Thanks!
-paul
--
* Paul Anderson * Crossroads Computing * (404) 565-0761 * emory!rsiatl!pda *
              "SCCS: The condom of promiscuous programmers"