FAS Help

Paul Emerson paul at sdgsun.uucp
Fri Oct 19 02:28:16 AEST 1990

I need help configuring FAS 2.07.  I just picked up a 4 Port AST card
and have installed 4 16550 UARTS on it.  The cable assembly is wired so all
of the DB-25's are DTE-DCE.  I configured FAS:
Interrupt: 5
Ports at:  0x2a0,  0x2a8,  0x2b0,  0x2b8
Port Address: 0x2bf

On boot I get [FFFF], so all ports are initialized and have FIFOs (NS16550).

Now the nasty part.

I want to connect terminals to 3 of the ports and a modem to the remaining
port.  I have tried numerous minor node combinations, but all have failed
usually resulting in an immortal process that can't be killed.  So, how
do I:

 1) Configure FAS (space.c) for my arrangement?
 2) What are the correct minor nodes for this arrangement?
 2) What cabling configuration?  (What lines and what states).

Thanks.

Paul.

--
Paul J. Emerson                           SDG Division of SAIC
Senior Technical Manager                  450 Lakemont Ave.