FAS Help

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Sat Oct 20 22:31:29 AEST 1990

paul at sdgsun.uucp (Paul Emerson) writes:

>I want to connect terminals to 3 of the ports and a modem to the remaining
>port.  I have tried numerous minor node combinations, but all have failed
>usually resulting in an immortal process that can't be killed.  So, how
>do I:
>
> 1) Configure FAS (space.c) for my arrangement?
> 2) What are the correct minor nodes for this arrangement?
> 2) What cabling configuration?  (What lines and what states).

Unfortunately, you didn't tell us anything about the capabilities of
the devices you want to connect to the serial ports.

Please specify whether your modem has full duplex RTS/CTS hardware flow
control. Do your terminals have any hardware flow control? And do you
want the running process terminated by a SIGHUP signal as soon as you
switch off the terminal, or should it continue to run ignoring whether
the terminal is on or off?

You have to figure these things out yourself before you or someone
else can decide which minor device numbers and which cabling should
be used.

       Uwe
Uwe Doering  |  Domain   : gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Germany      |  Bangpath : ...!unido!fub!geminix!gemini