UUCP timeout on role change/ sendmail problems ISC 2.0.2

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Sat Oct 27 03:34:21 AEST 1990

freiss at nixdorf.de (the hacker) writes:

>2.5) From time to time, I find "C.sysname0000" files in the uucp
>   spool directory for sysname, with length 0 and no related D file.
>   Someone creates this file from time to time (sendmail?).
>   It's not a leftover from a uucp connection. Who creates it
>   and why? This is probably a bug (0000 is not a valid sequence number
>   to use at this time).

	If these files appear with some regularity, "sysname" is likely
one of your "poll" sites. If it's listed in /usr/lib/uucp/Poll, it will be
created by uudemon.poll, and acted upon by uudemon.hour. (Check crontab
files for uucp and root to see when these are being run.) uudemon.poll
*does* create dummy files with a 0000 suffix under SCO UNIX' HDB.

							shwake at raysnec