UUCP timeout on role change/ sendmail problems ISC 2.0.2

Vick De Giorgio vickde at vicstoy.uucp
Sun Oct 28 09:14:45 AEST 1990

In article <freiss.656846590 at peun33> freiss at nixdorf.de (the hacker) writes:
>Hi,
>   All mail I receive (when uucp transfer works, see problem 1 :-))
>   seems to come from my local uucp, with the address put in a
>   "Apparently-To:" line.
>   Will this go away when I install a "real sendmail" (TM) or
>   smail? I think it's ISC's sendmails fault, but i'd like a
>   reality check. Is there a quick and dirty fix short of installing
>   smail/real sendmail?

My 2.0.2, out of the box, had rmail linked to mail. Linking rmail
to smail instead solved the problem.

>2.5) From time to time, I find "C.sysname0000" files in the uucp
>   spool directory for sysname, with length 0 and no related D file.
>   Someone creates this file from time to time (sendmail?).
>   It's not a leftover from a uucp connection. Who creates it
>   and why? This is probably a bug (0000 is not a valid sequence number
>   to use at this time).

Poll creates it to force polling. It will go away when connection is
made.

--
Vick De Giorgio - uunet!tarpit!bilver!vicstoy!vickde
       INTERNET - tarpit!bilver!vicstoy!vickde at ucf-cs.ucf.edu
                - The Philosopher's Stone Unix BBS, Orlando FL
                - (407) 299-3661   24 hours   8N1