fas2.07 and ISC X v1.2 with Logitech serial mouse: Problem Solved!

Thomas Hoberg tmh at prosun.first.gmd.de
Sat Oct 13 05:18:39 AEST 1990

I experienced some problems with ISC X11R3 and a Logitech mouse, too, not even
using the FAS package. While using the Logimouse definition, the X-server
might loose the connection with the mouse, printing some obfuscated error
message. This would happen especially, when I switched over to some other
virtual terminal for a second or two. Morale of the story: If you have a
Logitech serial mouse, don't use the Logitech definition, use the Mouse Systems
Mouse definition instead. You will get a reduced report rate
(1200 vs. 2400 Baud), but that hardly matters. Mixing X-Windows on one
virtual terminal with VPIX on another using the Logitech mouse driver for
DOS, however, will get the mouse mightily confused (use the 'pc' option for
the Logitech DOS driver under VPIX). (This was on ISC 2.0.2 and X11 r1.1)

  tom
----
Thomas M. Hoberg                                   tmh at prosun.first.gmd.de
GMD Berlin, Hardenbergplatz 2, 1000 Berlin 12, Germany   +49-30-254 99-160