Who sells 4.0? Does Intel??

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Fri Oct 19 16:38:22 AEST 1990

In article <1520 at kluge.fiu.edu> ie43gn1f at serss0.fiu.edu (Wolf Kozel) writes:
>I'd had problems loading Intel Rel 4.0 since it couldn't find
>the tape drive. When I called Intel, I got shuffled to at least
>10 different phone numbers and left in limbo on voice-mail! I
>finally gave up, when they told me to get the floppies from
>the people we purchased it from. Which is, BTW, Intel!

I know the feeling of getting bounced around Intel.  Anyway, make sure
that your tape drive is set for IRQ 5, DMA 1, and I/O 300-301.  Intel
claims to support a lot more tape controller/driver combos in 4.0,
unlike 3.2 which only supports the Wangtek PC-36.

However for anyone in future I *DO* recommend buying the floppies, since
they are more generally portable and cost less.  Get 5.25" if possible.

--
If the human mind were simple enough to understand,   =))  Tom Neff
we'd be too simple to understand it. -- Emerson Pugh  ((=  tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM