SCO Unix and SL/IP

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.uucp
Sun Oct 28 23:14:00 AEST 1990

jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com (Jim Deitch) writes:

>Does anyone know if the SL/IP that you can get for SCO Unix supports
>more than one concurrent slip connection?
>How about for Esix?

Hi Jim - I also am interested in this - it appears to be a limit in
the AT&T product.  Both Interactive release 3.2 and Intel release 4.0
limit SL/IP connections to one at a time -

What we would like to do here on nstar - is have a dedicated SL/IP
connection going into the internet - and allow various sites to SL/IP
into nstar to FTP and TELNET from their machines through nstar.

Right now, the limits of one SL/IP at a time create problems - maybe
I could get another machine, network it into nstar - and then have
another SL/IP session on the second machine?

Also - what kind of luck have you had with SL/IP on smart ports?  I
can't seem to get the Computone Intelliport to correctly handle the
SL/IP connection - while the stock Interactive tty00 driver on COM1
works fine (but then we all are aware of the problems with the
stock driver - I wonder of FAS207 will work with SL/IP)..

 {larry at nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar%larry at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)