What's this? "Out of ddms"?

Robert Terry terry at tcville.HAC.COM
Fri Oct 12 06:51:47 AEST 1990

Does any one knows what is this repeative error message on the
console: "out of ddms"

Been getting this at random times, sometimes up to 7 times a week or
none at all for about two weeks. Sometimes, I am forced to re-boot the
system.  Looks like if more users logged to this machine, it increase
the odds of "freezing the system". I have checked the processes and
they looked okay to me. It happened once that it created 7 'maild'
processes in one day!! Other than that, it's driving me nuts.

Here's the legend:

AT&T 6386E WGS with 8MB RAM

====================== /usr/options/* ===========================
2 Kilobyte File System Utility Package Version 2.0
386 Server Program - Version 3.2a
Cartridge Tape Utilities - Version 2.0
C Software Development Set	4.1.6
Editing Package Version 2.0
Extended Terminal Interface Package Version 2.0
FACE HELP Version 1.2
FACE Version 1.2
FMLI Version 1.2
Interlan Inc. SMTP Mail V 2.0.1
Network Support Utilities Package (1.2) Version 2.0
NP622A (Version 2.1) Interlan, Inc.
Simul-Task 386 Package Version 2.0
Simul-Task 386 Installable Emulation Module Tools Version 2.0
NPP-StarGROUP(TM) Software OSI Network Program Version 3.2
Remote Terminal Package Version 2.0
XENIX File System Package Version 1.0

Thanks for any info you may have.

Hughes Aircraft Company                         email: terry at tcville.hac.com
Information System                              fax: 213-616-9727
PO Box 902, E52/C230                                 213-616-0962
El Segundo, CA 90245                            (new email: terry at mwms.hac.com)