256 colors for SCO Xsight 2.2.0

BBS login bbs at bluemoon.UUCP
Sat Oct 13 04:42:56 AEST 1990

kemp at convex.com (Phil Kemp) writes:

> Has anyone got a grafinfo file for SCO UNIX 3.2v2 that will drive a
> Genoa SuperVGA compatible board in 640x480x256? My board uses the
> Tseng 3000 chip. Also does anyone know if the Xsight 2.2.0 server will

 Just a note, but that would be a 5000 series board since it uses the
Tseng chip set. Genoa phased those out over a year and a half ago in
favor of their own (faster) chipset, the current boards are the series
6000 and are not backwardly compatable for the extended modes.

 I don't know what the folks at SCO will be like, but trying to explain
it to the folks at ISC has been fun (about their supporting obsolete
video cards but not the current cards with their X11 release).
---
Grant DeLorean              ...osu-cis!n8emr!bluemoon!grant
                            ...towers!bluemoon!grant
                              grant at bluemoon
++Being self employed, my opinions are remarkably similar to my employers.

 "The couple that heaves together, cleaves together."
                                 --- Loiosh