sys5 release 4 unix

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sun Oct 14 22:15:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct13.125428.9618 at nstar.uucp> larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>I need a sysV release 4 of 386 unix - and am
>looking for feedback from others using release 4.  Intel
>release 4 looks like the best deal - complete OS with
>developers package, tcp, nfs, x and the works for around
>$1380.

Speaking of Intel SVR4, I received a mail message from Dimitri Rotow (former
pres. of Bell Tech, now at Intel) that stated that Intel has an outstanding
offer to upgrade *any* SVR3.2 to thier SVR4 for onle $395 or so.

If this had come from anybody else I would just have dismissed it as just
a big rumour.

Anyway, has anybody else heard this?  Does anybody have a contact & number
to call at intel to confirm or make use of this offer?  I have emailed
these questions to DR, but received no response.  Two days of calling around
Intel got me nowhere (every time I got a name an number they forwarded
me to someone else who didn't return my phone calls).

                                                Sterling, VA 22170