Need advice on disk drive selection for ISC 2.2

David Buonomo dnb at fltk.UUCP
Sun Oct 14 01:17:50 AEST 1990

After about a week of comtemplating the various options available for
a disk drive under ISC 2.2, I've decided on a Connor CP3200 200MB SCSI
drive.  I still have reservations about this decision due to this drive
having a 20,000 hour MTBF.  Should I be concerned?

I could also use some advice on selecting a controller.  Since it's SCSI,
I believe I'm limited to Adaptec or Future Domain.  Are there any controllers
I should stay away from?  I've not heard much about Future Domain; any
suggestions?

I'd like to hear from others about their experiences (good or bad) with
any drive/controller combination.

Thanks in advance for any insight.  If warranted, I'll post a summary of

Dave Buonomo
...!uunet!fltk!dnb