screen blanker?

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Mon Oct 15 10:38:26 AEST 1990

By the way (to atone for my bogus 'screenblank.sh' silliness) somebody
DID write a UNIX screen blanker a while back, but I have *no* idea what
it was called.

You could write your own.  The idea is just

 * have a list of tty devices to check

 * periodically scan their access and modify times

 * when a tty goes "old" send it display-off (ANSI)

 * when a tty goes "new" send it display-on

There are various refinements you could make.  It should work for the
console at least.

--
"It has come to my attention that there is more  !!!  Tom Neff
than one Jeffrey Miller." -- Jeffrey Miller      ! !  tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM