FAS with NS16550A versus a smart serial card?

Frank Kaefer fkk at stasys.sta.sub.org
Mon Oct 15 01:28:53 AEST 1990

richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:

|Does anyone have any comparative data between running a fast uucp
|connection with an NS16550A port with the FAS driver versus one
|of the smarter serial cards?
|I'm interested specifically in the system loading and the uucp
|throughput.

Well, I have observed a big difference. I had a serial card with
no 16550, and I got olny about 700 bytes/sec., with the 16550 I now
have up to 1800 bytes/sec. And I don't think I'm the only one
who experienced this...

Cheers,
Frank
--
| Frank Kaefer | fkk at stasys.sta.sub.org | Starnberg, West Germany |
| (Compuserve: 72427,2101) | Internet: fkk at Germany.Sun.COM        |