Adaptec 1542B help: compliments to Microport & many others

Hai-Chuan Teoh teoh at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu
Sat Oct 13 14:14:12 AEST 1990

Many thanks to those who helped me in installing Adaptec 1542B on
UHC SVR4. In particular, Peter Tostadas of Microport, who called to
provide free lengthy tech support numerous times despite the fact that
I'm not their customer.

His spirit is highly respected. Good job, Pete!

Anyway, it wasn't hardware problem. UHC, by mistake, sent me the wrong
boot diskette. After I booted up w/ the SCSI diskette, everything's fine.

Thanks again, everyone.

Hai-Chuan Teoh			    *	  Email: teoh at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu
Electrical Engr & Computer Sci      *       Tel: (312) 930-1942
Univ of Illinois		    *