Monitors for X-Windows on i386 machine

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.uucp
Fri Oct 19 01:59:39 AEST 1990

amc at wlv.imsd.contel.com (Allen M. Cohen) writes:

>I want to use X-Windows/OSF MOTIF on a 386 PC.
>My current system is Interactive's ISC UNIX 2.2.
>I need a high resolution color monitor which is capable of displaying
>256 colors simultaneously.
>Can somebody please tell me some good Monitor/Video Adaptor combinations
>for such a system?  Thanks in advance!

I have an ATI VGA wonder with 512K and ISC X release 1.2 -
this combination supports 800x600 with 256 colors just fine -
except screen IO isn't real fast.  If I had $1000 to spend,
I would get one of the video graphics engines - like maybe
the NEC - which would make the screen IO fly - but then I would
want to spend another $1500 to get a nice 20 inch monitor --

one thing leads to another - hmmm..

 {larry at nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar!larry at ndmath.math.nd.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)