Configuring SCSI drives

Dan Vehr vehr-d at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Fri Oct 19 08:08:29 AEST 1990

        Questions:

        I would like to configure SCSI drives in a generic 25mgHz-386 with
8 mb of RAM  running AT&T's 3.2.2 unix.  I have installed this version of
unix on a mfm drive but no success with the SCSI drive.  I have 3 different
SCSI controller cards (AlwaysTech, Adaptec 1542D, WD7000 Fasst)  but according
to AT&T's instructions the SCSI controller must be configured as interupt 15
at address 350.  (is there another way?!).   Only the WD7000 card is can be
configured to these settings.  I find it hard to believe that AT&T's unix
would be so limiting.  In any case the following problems occur during the
installation procedure.

installation problems
 1) the installation procedure reports that it can not locate the drives.
 2) the installation procedure reports that an invalid root exits.

        bios:   AMI
        SCSI controller:        WD    7000 FASST
                                Adaptec 1542D
                                Always Tech

        replies via Email or posting will be appreciated.

        vehr at igl1.eng.ohio-state.edu