What about a Microport System V/386 3.0.1e --> 3.2.2 Upgrade?

Richard Ducoty duc at mport.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 10:51:06 AEST 1990

jtc at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (J.T. Conklin) writes:

>In article <6 at mport.UUCP> duc at mport.UUCP (Richard Ducoty) writes:
>>The Runtime trade-in discount is 25%.  The Complete System trade-in discount
>>is 40%.  We must receive the original system diskettes and a letter certiying
>>that the original system installation has been removed from the hard drive and
>>all backup copies destroyed before we can ship the new release at the dis-
>>counted price.

>Requiring a letter certifying that the existing operating system _will
>be_ removed upon installation of 4.0 would be more appropriate.  Many
>businesses can not afford the luxury of shutting their computer system
>down for the time necessary for the new release to be delivered.
Speaking for myself, I'ld say that Microport isn't going to hire a private
investigator to check up on these installations during the switch.  We
wouldn't want to bring anybodys business to a grinding halt.  Again,
these are my thoughts and opinions.

Richard Ducoty
Microport Inc.
duc at mport.com