What about a Microport System V/386 3.0.1e --> 3.2.2 Upgrade?

J.T. Conklin jtc at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca
Sat Oct 27 08:19:58 AEST 1990

In article <6 at mport.UUCP> duc at mport.UUCP (Richard Ducoty) writes:
>The Runtime trade-in discount is 25%.  The Complete System trade-in discount
>is 40%.  We must receive the original system diskettes and a letter certiying
>that the original system installation has been removed from the hard drive and
>all backup copies destroyed before we can ship the new release at the dis-
>counted price.

Requiring a letter certifying that the existing operating system _will
be_ removed upon installation of 4.0 would be more appropriate.  Many
businesses can not afford the luxury of shutting their computer system
down for the time necessary for the new release to be delivered.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin	UniFax Communications Inc.
		...!{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!jtc, jtc at wimsey.bc.ca