SCO-Unix - booting to single user mode and then crash

=Ronald van der Pol rvdp at cs.vu.nl
Tue Oct 23 08:47:36 AEST 1990

seanf at sco.COM (Sean Fagan) writes:

rvdp>>I have had the same problem. You can type in your root password
rvdp>>and then <CTRL><CR> (!!!).

>Control-Enter is newline, the same as Control-J.  (I just sent a message to
>Willy, explaining this.)

>The problem was probably caused by being in a non-cooked mode on syscon when
>the system went down.
	When I had this problem I shut down the machine, turned off the
	power and rebooted (to single user(!), I didn't trust the machine
	anymore). The problem hadn't disappeared! So the strange console
	state must have been saved in some file. Which file contains this
	information?

--
		Ronald van der Pol  <rvdp at cs.vu.nl>