X / Unix Driver for TIGA board?

Gary Blumenstein garyb at gallium.UUCP
Mon Oct 15 07:30:50 AEST 1990

In article <21134 at well.sf.ca.us> berger at well.sf.ca.us (Robert J. Berger) writes:
>Anyone know of a X driver for TIGA boards? We have a Mylex EISA board
>with a 34020 controler and no software :-(.

The folks to contact are at Control Systems, makers of the Artist
series of graphics boards.  They have several models to choose from.
They support dual displays so you can have both VGA and TI340x0.  They
purportedly sell their own X server with the card, but I havn't
personally tested it.  (saw it running at last Jan. Uniforum).
These puppies ain't cheap.

>Another question would be, does anyone know of a high performance ISA
>or EISA board with high resolution ( >= 1100 x 900 x 8 bit color) that
>has an X driver for Unix System V.3 or preferably V.4?

Check out the Microfield controllers for non-TI supported graphics.  Again,
I'm told they supply their own X server, dual display support, > 1200x1000x8
resolution, and best of all they claim a 200% performace gain over the
TI34020! (I'll beleive it when I see it)  Once again, this is a pricey item,
too pricey for the average user.

>Please respond to the following signature, and not to the well addres of this
>note.  Thanks![..] >Bob Berger  -  SONY Advanced Video Technology Center

Well I hope you're reading the news Bob!

-gb
--
Gary M. Blumenstein
garyb at gallium