Development Package?

Doug Ingraham dpi at loft386.uucp
Mon Oct 29 13:13:21 AEST 1990

In article <274 at srchtec.UUCP>, mra at srchtec.uucp (Michael Almond) writes:
> 	With the GNU C compiler around, do you really need the Development
> Package.  I don't know off the top of my head if GNU has a debugger as of yet.
> I know their are binary versions of GCC running around on SIMTEL20, among
> other places.
>
> 	Any ideas?

This can't be done yet, mostly because you don't have the system dependent
libraries unless you buy the Software Development Platform.  AT&T would
probably take a dim view of borrowing the libraries and include files from
someone elses system.

I am working on this problem and expect to have a product in a few more
months.  The biggest holdup is testing and documentation.  I have all
the SYSTEM(2) functions coded and am working on documentation.  After all
its also not nice to borrow the documentation either.

--
Doug Ingraham (SysAdmin)
Lofty Pursuits (Public Access for Rapid City SD USA)