Development Package?

Michael Almond mra at srchtec.UUCP
Thu Oct 25 00:16:36 AEST 1990

In article <113 at raysnec.UUCP> shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:
>mra at srchtec.uucp (Michael Almond) writes:
>
>>	With the GNU C compiler around, do you really need the Development
>>Package.
>	Ah, but at least some versions of distributed GNU C assume one has
>access to various libraries and include files.

	I've gotten quite a few replies about this one.  Most people mention
that you need cc to get gcc to compile.  It shouldn't be a problem to put
binaries out on the net for the various PC UNIX's.

	I think we could come up with the header files, the STD C ones are
probably in the public domain.  Over a preiod of time we could accumulate the
IFDEF for system differences.

	I guess the only problem would be the libraries.  Write this code
could take some time.  However, someone did come up with the lib's for
g++.  Any ideas?

---
Michael R. Almond                                  mra at srchtec.uucp (registered)
search technology, inc.				        emory!stiatl!srchtec!mra
Atlanta, Georgia                                         (404) 441-1457 (office)